Okay, so the mascot committee already needs your help.
We’re talking about guidelines for mascot submissions. I’ll back up – we want YOUR best ideas for a W&M mascot and soon we’ll begin accepting submissions.
There are some practical considerations for reviewing mascot ideas. So here is the first draft of a list of cans, can’ts, shoulds, and shouldn’ts. What do you think?
The proposed mascot can
• be represented in a costume that a person can walk around in
• be animal, vegetable, mineral, or ?
• be attractively presented in green, gold and silver
The proposed mascot cannot
• violate NCAA guidelines and rules
The proposed mascot should
• engender pride and affection for William & Mary
• be appropriate at both athletic and non-athletics events and activities
• have a connection to the unique history and traditions of the College
• be compatible with the official marks of William & Mary, supporting marketing and communication
The proposed mascot should not
• be the same as the mascot of another school in the Colonial Athletic Association
Let us know what you think of these….
- Susan T. Evans
80 Responses to “Cans and Shoulds?”